On 04/02/16 21:19, Wade Smart wrote:
Who told you to use Pidgin?  You need to ask them, as people on this peer
support list are not going to be able to support your use of Oracle's
internal IM systems.

David, there are a lot of Oracle employees who use it. I see them on the
group all the time asking for help and I think their IT dept is either lazy
or claims because its not theirs, they cant help.

I'm aware of that, but assuming "done" was a typo for "don't", it is possible that the advice to use Pidgin is coming from somewhere outside the official IT department (this is actually how PCs first got used - the IT departments of the times only dealt with mainframes).