El día viernes, agosto 19, 2016 a las 02:45:08p. m. +0100, David Woolley
escribió:

> You need to provide a detailed technical specification of the new
> protocol, and convince some programmer to implement it.  I suspect that
> Yahoo is unwilling to release such a specification, so you will have to
> reverse engineer it.  Also, I think you will find that most programmers
> take the view that chasing proprietary protocols is a waste of time and
> just encourages companies to not follow open standards

In general I'm with you, David. The nasty consequence of not having
OpenSource implementations of (reversed engineered) proprietary
protocols is that all, even willing people, are encouraged to buy mobile
device with iOs, Android, ... with all such crappy apps, instead
of Ubuntu mobile devices, or even worth, use WhatsApe or however this
is named.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎