Stefan Schreiber <st...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> I have argued to introduce some "common file format" for 3D audio, for
> example Ambisonics up to third order.
> This standard could be based on the already existing FMH-Format.
>
> Now, I am supposedly one of the "snobs"... But FMH is including B
> format, or say FMH is superseding B format.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambisonics
>
> (Table "Higher order B-format channels")
> If B format is so good for everything: Why do they use 3rd order
> Ambisonics in computer games, not B format?

Just a note on terminology.  I had thought the
list agreed sometime ago that the term
"B-Format" was not limited to first-order, but
included an Ambisonic soundfield of any order.
Hence the phrase "Higher order B-format
channels"; the higher-order channels are still
B-Format channels.  Stefan's use of the term
seems different from this.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org