On 07/10/2011 11:10 AM, Stefan Schreiber wrote:

> To clarify a few basic things:
>
> The first poster in this thread (and obviously some other people who
> maybe should have known better) are claiming that you could receive a
> 360º representation via just two (supposedly narrow) front speakers.

First poster here. Just to clarify, i didn't claim anything like that. I
just asked if anyone had heard any of these recent 2-channel 3D audio
systems and wondered what they thought of them.  My main point was
whining about the expense of a 12+ channel audio system vs the
possibility of full sphere surround experience with 2 channels.  In
fact, i stated that i had not heard convincing 3D yet. Perhaps a more
forward sound stage, but i've heard good body from my speakers with no
"3D" applied.

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Cell: 406.210.3500