> Hello Eric,
>
> Very interesting post. I was a bit intrigued by what you had to say
> regarding binaural recordings and the lack of sense of space. Reproducing
> a sense of space is something that has interested me a lot as a sound
> artist and I've been experimenting with building different types of
> binaural mics. Here is an example recording I made:
>
> http://soundcloud.com/hcenteno/kids-running-in-the-wychwood-barns
>
> If I close my eyes I can really feel the space and the kids running in
> front of me, and not inside my head, but I wonder how would other people
> perceive it

Headphones:
(Comments made before reading above para.!)

Very good sense of space.

I mistakenly thought the kids would circle round me ;-)>

Most of the movement was behind me.
Some movement went through my head.
The (?)board they run over was always behind me.

Soundstage seemed limited to:
from due L, round behind to RF (90 to 315 degrees).

(Cheap (actually free) Thomann ('t-bone') HD800 headphones :
so give this what weight you wish ;-)

Thanks for making it available,

Michael