Sorry you don't like it. Apparently you do not like
the sound of the St Petersburg orchestra since of
course we did absolutely nothing to alter the balances.

Maybe you have never heard them, or maybe you are used
to hearing recordings that boost the violins up by
miking them separately(which lots of recordings do).
 Brass instruments are way loud.
They do tend to drown out the violins in reality.
I should know: I am a violinist in a professional orchestra
and when the brass blasts away, yes, we violinists feel
drowned out and are.
Moreover, the trumpets in St Petersburg
sit out front. So they are close to the audience.

Meanwhile, this is seventh row. The trumpets are in fact
loud there. It is the style of the orchestra. Take it or leave
it--but it is surely not the fault of the recording.

But in the Adagietto , there are no such problems if problems
they seem to you. If you do not like that,,,well, breathes there
a man with soul so dead...

The balance  was not
up to us. We just recorded what Temirkanv  and his musicians produced.
That was the idea--the real sound, something that of course
is seldom found in recordings.

As to not liking the surround, I could hardly disagree more.
I think it sounds dandy and very realistic. One gets a lot of ambience and
cannot hear the rear channels as separate sources--which is a lot
more than one can say for most surround orchestral recordings.
To my ears, modesty aside, on an accurate system, the surround version
sounds more like a real orchestral concert than any other
recording I am aware of. I just love it, even if I do say so
myself.

But leaving the surround aside, the stereo balance is what was there.
How do you imagine we could have changed it since the stereo
is just the unaltered Blumlein feed? If you do not
like the balance, complain to Maestro Temirkanov. Not that
I suppose he will be very interested...

Robert