>> The system is comprised of 16 channels. The advantage of 16 (or less)
>> channels is that I don’t have to use a dedicated Word Clock to sync
>> my MOTU FireWire interfaces. I’m fond of these interfaces, and two of
>> them can sync-up via the FireWire link without complication.
>
> i don't know which MOTUs you're using, but don't most of them include
> ADAT outs? so you could easily get 8 extra outs per MOTU without any
> sync hassles, and just the minor investment into an 8ch DA converter.

Did wonder if he had some new card ...
I use 8-analogue + 8-ADAT from one MOTU (think you can squeeze a few* more
out as well).

Secondly, mine has tow firewire ports and you can daisy-chain ... with sync.

But ... then again ... perhaps he has some new model ... (?) .

Michael

22 comes to mind
16+
? stereo 'headphones'