Maybe I should mention that in 2006 I built a show with Jeffrey Shaw about the
Hampi temple complex in India, using still stereo panaramas projected onto a
large cylindrical screen with ambisonic recordings of the place, done of course
at the same time as the photograph. The direction of the images matches the
direction of the audio etc. It was made for the Lille festival in 2006, but has
toured the world since then. Now in Hong Kong I think. There's more info here:
http://www.place-hampi.museum/contents/makingof.html

You can find bits of this on ambisonia http://www.ambisonia.com/Members/pxd and
this includes the google earth coodinates for the mic positions...

Cheers,
Paul