> --On 16 November 2013 06:31 +0000 Michael Chapman <s...@mchapman.com>
wrote:

>> --fiddling to get the correct one of (?)24 possible permutations of the
four capsules to the snake is a ****!  Especially in dim lighting ...
and you didn't bring a lamp ... and ...

> A dab of four coloured paints on the plugs and sockets makes this so
much easier!

> That's why I was asking here about colour codes a few years ago (the
answer is make up your own!).

> Paul Hodges

To preserve the best traditions of ambisonics ... only if they clash with
someone else's.

More seriously ... my cones give out before my rods ... so big black and
white numbers (or any glyphs) is still easier.
Remembering the torch is even easier.
And ... of course ... a six, seven, eight pin XLR 'plug and play' would
cut out the 'human' element altogether ...

Michael