If anyone is interested in trying this, it would be useful to know the effect of altering the playback speed on frontal localization. This would have the effect of shifting the position of any front/back directional bands, Better or worse for +/- 10% speed change would be good to know. I could then scale the IRs by resampling. This would have the effect of a smaller or larger head/ears, which I could then alter on the dummy head. Audacity for example has a speed change facility (top left, green arrow, and slider)
Many thanks to anyone playing!