On 16/03/2014 20:36, Marc Lavallée wrote:
Augustine Leudar <augustineleu...@gmail.com> a écrit :

There not streaming at the moment so I cant test it - I would guess
that either the browser automatically routes the 4 channels to
1,2,3,4 on the soundcard or there is some way of telling it which
outputs to route the 4 channels to.  I have an RME too , As long as
the RME is set as the default soundcard should be fine.....

Augustine,
you can test it here:
http://rdmedia.bbc.co.uk/radio3/faq.html

On my Ubuntu laptop, Chromium is using Pulseaudio with a jackd sink,
configured for 7.1. For some reason, the rear-left and rear-front
channels also output the front-left and front-right channels.
It's almost working...
--
Marc

On my Windows XP machine with M-Audio Firewire 410 (m/c interleaved device), it all works as (I think) intended; five output channel idents are provided on the test page (quad + centre), so in terms of quasi 5.1 the rear channels are swapped (left out of ch 4, right out of ch 5). Setting the speaker layout via Control Panel seems not to make any difference, so I have to assume they are sending a "generic" 5-channel stream, not a specific WAVE_EX layout. So all that should be required to hear it correctly is a multi-channel interleaved device. I have heard (but need confirmation) that at least some RME cards only offer multiple stereo devices - ?

Richard Dobson