On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM, <m...@superorg.com> wrote:

On 19 Jul 2014, at 10:13, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:

Am 18.07.14 15:21, schrieb Rupert Brun:
> The BBC will make the BBC Proms Concerts available in 4.0 using
MPEG-DASH. The stream will be available internationally.

Does anyone have the first idea how to record this stuff on a Mac?

Easy to record stream on a Mac

> Install Cycling74's Soundflower its free and doesnt interfere with anything
> Install Audacity its  a free recorder
>
> Set your Macs Sound Output to Soundflower16 - at this point you wont hear
> anything from chrome
> at this point launch soundflowerbed and allocate tracks to play out of
> your outputs - you'll hear again
> Set Audacity to record a 5/6 channel input from soundflower16

I can't get Soundflowerbed to work on Mavericks -- it appears in the menu
bar, but crashes as soon as I select an input channel.  Instead, I created
an aggregate device (using Audio MIDI Setup) with the Soundflower 16ch
device as channels 1-16 and "Built-in Output" as 17 and 18.  You then
select Aggregate Device as the MacOS Output Device.

I record to a 4-channel FLAC file using Plogue Bidule, routing channels
1,2,4,5 from Soundflower to a recorder and 1 and 2 to 17 & 18, to play over
the builtin speakers to monitor.   Unfortunately the volume control in the
Menu Bar also controls the level of the signal that appears in Soundflower,
so I turn that all the way up (to 11) and put a gain block in the path to
Built-in Output to control the levels to the speakers.

I put the Bidule setup, a screen grab of the Aggregate Device setup, and
the 4-channel FLAC and Ogg Vorbis (q=6) files of the the Channel ID
announcements and the last 20 minutes of Saturday's broadcast here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1DUyjAHI9QkajFqNi1PcVlYbmc&usp=sharing

Aaron (hel...@ai.sri.com)
Menlo Park, CA, US