On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 05:48:57PM +0200, Franz Zotter wrote:

> And the second one describes what we habe been puzzled with
> for nearly two years now:
>
> http://iaem.at/Members/zotter/2015_zotterfrank_sphmicequalizationexperiment_daga.pdf

The similarity in Fig. 4 bottom is indeed striking. I found
more or less the same using the measurements I have access to,
but I can't really trust them below 500 Hz, so the question
remains open.

Now if this is indeed a dedicated EQ built into the EM or its
supporting hardware or software, then it is strange that this
is done one the raw capsule signals and not as part of the
beamformer.

There is maybe one way to find out: measure the microphone's
noise spectrum. This could reveal if the capsule signals are
EQ'd or not.

Ciao,

--
FA