> Charles Veasey wrote:
>> Martin -
>>
>> To clarify the use of the subs within a tetrahedral array, it would
>> require
>> the subs to be elevated off the floor?
>
> At least one, as described by Michael.

I should apologise for the brevity of my respone.
The problem (for me at least) is that solid / three-dimensional geometry
is not 'everyday' (we live in a 3-D world, but when I leave my triangles
and rectangles behind it all gets sticky ...) and (worse) when one does
finally see the 'solution' it is so bl...ing obvious one forgets to
explain it.

If anyone is still pondering:

Make a paper/card tetrahedron (very easy).
Throw it in the air.
It lands (hopefully) with one face and three points on the floor.

If the 'points' are your speakers then there you go.
The fourth speaker not only needs suspending, it is dangling just over the
sweet spot ... ;-(>

(Of course some modellers place speakers at the center of each surface.
Not a good idea for the above.
(But for non-tetrahedrons it can give a difference: a cube has six
surfaces but eight 'points' ...))

Think I've stated the obvious, but it may aid someone, somewhere ...

Michael