Hi Archontis,

I would like to design decoders for 2d and 3d arrays, 1st through 3rd order (at
least), both regular and irregular arrays. C code examples would be incredibly
helpful as I plan to develop decoders for Pd and Max.

I have already developed some basic ambisonic externals for Pd
(http://rickygraham.net/?p=176401730 <http://rickygraham.net/?p=176401730>)
based on encoding and decoding technical notes from Blue Ripple Sound
(http://www.blueripplesound.com/decoding
<http://www.blueripplesound.com/decoding>), which provides coefficients for
basic array set-ups.

Most importantly, I’d like to figure out how to calculate these coefficients
myself and I am having trouble finding literature on how to do that. I have
reached out to a few folks who used their own programs to calculate
coefficients. Essentially, I’d like to build my own program in the C
programming language.

Shortly, I will have access to a 16-channel ring on the horizontal plane and a
b-format cube. This system will be modular and configurable into irregular
setups, too.

Many thanks,

Ricky