Answering my own question...  the latest version of "Encoder Input Format
for MPEG-H..." says N3D/ACN, as Richard Furse said.  The earlier version of
that document (1/2013) said N3D/SID, which is what I recalled reading.

http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/standards/mpeg-h/3d-audio/encoder-input-format-mpeg-h-3d-audio
(1/2013)
  Table 3 – Ordering of HOA components shows SID.

appears to be superseded by

http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/standards/mpeg-h/3d-audio/n15268-encoder-input-format-mpeg-h-3d-audio
(2/2015)
  End of Section 4.2 says ACN.

Aaron

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Aaron Heller <hel...@ai.sri.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Aaron Heller <hel...@ai.sri.com> wrote:
>>
>> ISO/IEC 14496-11 "Information technology — Coding of audio-visual
objects —Part 11: Scene description and application engine" (second
edition, dated 11/2013; see Table 9 in page 36)

>>   and
>>
>> ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG2015//N15268 "Encoder Input Format for MPEG-H
3D Audio" (w15286, dated 2/2015; see Section 4.1),

http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/standards/mpeg-h/3d-audio/dis-mpeg-h-3d-audio

>> > Best wishes,
>> >
>> > --Richard

Only