Hi Fons,

thanks for the info, it is clear to me now that for any order of HOA to
binaural decoding, only (N+1)^2 filters are required for left-right symmetric
HRTFs, with a subsequent polarity inversion of N channels corresponding to the
left-right antisymmetric SHs (the sine ones) in order to get one of the two ear
signals.

Best,
Archontis

On 25 May 2016, at 21:07, Fons Adriaensen