Hi,

I thought this may be of interest to some - I finally found some time to
organize some code for real-time ambisonic spatialization and binaural decoding
on the browser, using the Web Audio API and JavaScript. I just published the
code in Github, you can find it at:

https://github.com/polarch/JSAmbisonics

The library is split into 3 parts:

- WebAudio_FOA.js: Implements B-format encoding, rotations, virtual
microphones, acoustic intensity analysis, and binaural decoding

- WebAudio_HOA.js: Implements HOA encoding, rotations, virtual microphones and
binaural decoding for a user-specified order

- JSHlib.js: A (non-audio) set of functions computing spherical harmonics,
Legendre polynomials, rotation matrices for spherical harmonics, and the
forward and inverse spherical harmonic transform. It is required by the
WebAudio_HOA.js objects.

The objects are easy to set-up, it needs a few lines of code to initialize and
connect the FOA/HOA blocks. The documentation at the moment is sketchy, but you
can see some real-time examples at the bottom of the webpage, and check their
page source code:
https://github.com/polarch/JSAmbisonics#examples
(If the play-button is not enabled, it means that the page is still loading the
soundfile..)

Web Audio is still WIP, and different browsers implement things differently. I
expect it to work on Firefox and Chrome (most likely on Android too), but not
on other browsers. Any feedback, comments or recommendations are very welcome.

Best regards,
Archontis Politis