Hi,

I can confirm that we (at IDA) do the acoustic simulation for the
torso+head+pinnae mesh, using the exact anatomy of the individual. Pinnae
are quite important parts and that's why we show comparison between the
actual pinna and reconstructed one in the demo video since we're a bit
proud of how well the 3d reconstruction works on such small details and
cavities. Based on our experience there is pinna features that would
require special measurement instruments if there wasn't 3d scanning
possibility.

We've had very good feedback of mobile scanned HRTFs so far. One of the
people even had a 1680 direction HRTF measured acoustically for comparison.
Both measured and IDA simulated perform equally well.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding IDA service.

Antti Vanne
OwnSurround Ltd / IDA Audio
CEO

Haapaniemenkatu 40