Hi Folks

Is it better to align performers to capsule axis, to get the best frequency,
and noise performance from those directions, then rotate the b-format encode
afterwards?

I am recording at Union Chapel, with tetrahedral mics, and spot microphones.
The final output will be stereo and HOA.
I usually just position tetra mics as normal (upside down and end-fire), but it
occurred to me that it may be better to align the capsules to performers (where
possible).
All performers will be spread out horizontally on an equilateral triangle, with
the main tetra on a corner.
The main decode will be stereo, but I want to capture the acoustic of the
place, and do a HOA mix.

Best

Steve