Apparently it uses adaptive parametric processing, ala Harpex.
In fact one can use the plugin on b-format too. Which means with a little
jiggery pokery it is possible to upmix, in a Harpex style for free.
I haven’t used it like this, as i have the blue ripple Harpex upmixer. But
i have used it to beamform a hyper cardiod without rear lobe with great
success.
The jury isn't out yet, on what it is exactly doing to the NTSF1 A-Format
to B-format conversion. As it appears not to be matrixing at all, but doing
some parametric processing too.

Steve