B&K / DPA have been using electrets for more than 30 years. O course, these are perhaps not the same as one can buy for peanuts at Alibaba!

David

At 23:12 13-12-18, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:

Am 13.12.18 um 22:44 schrieb Len Moskowitz:

They're both similar in that they are both first-order microphones

Yes, but the Sennheiser has electret capsules while the Rode is a 'real' condenser mic. I do agree that electrets have come a long way in recent years. Still, I'd like to know how they compare beyond their noise level.