A couple of years ago I did an 3d audio installation with unity . We sent
OSC between max msp and unity and did all the audio in max. I've done
similar things with open frameworks and I'm working on something with touch
designer at the moment. Personally I'd want to be doing the audio in
dedicated audio software like max communicating via osc.