 From:   surround surround <surro...@cox.net>
 To:   <Sursound@music.vt.edu>
 Sent:   24/02/2022 23:16
 Subject:   [Sursound] Ambisonic UHJ Stereo decoder to speaker feeds

I have retired my Onkyo SV-909 receiver with a UHJ decoder after many years of
service. Over the years I have transferred my LP and CD surround recordings
decoded into multichannel flac files for playback on a computer based system. I
did manage to do a couple UHJ recordings using the Onkyo a while back but
wondered if their might be a computer based solution.

I am currently using Reaper as my DAW. I did a search for Ambsonic VST plug-ins
and found The Ambisonic Toolkit for Reaper. I played with that but found that
that The UHJ decoding it could do was from UHJ W,X,Y,Z to stereo and what I am
looking for is UHJ stereo to a speaker feed. I really do not need the ability
to adjust to different 4 channel layouts like the Onkyo provided and could just
live with a square.

I could be I simply missed something in the ATK as maybe a signal chain that
could provide the decoding I need to convert my old CD's and LP'sbut thought
why not see if the knowledge base here might be aware of a solution