On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 04:18:26AM +0200, Sampo Syreeni wrote:

> ...unless you're trying something new, like fully general time variant HOA
> reverberation.

We were talking about rendering historical UHJ recordings.

> ... which already at m=3 leaves you with 16 independent input and output
> signals, and as such 16^2==256 cross-connections, convolutions, between the
> components. This is no longer a trivial load for any current processor,
> or even a processor array.

I'm routinely such convolution matrices on a 10 year old PC. No problem
at all.

> The game's designer would typically have to model those spaces as separate,
> and somehow interpolate between the solutions,

Again, we were talking about rendering UHJ. Not games.
But even for games, you don't need exact solutions. Just something
that works. This is true for any type of content creation.

> If you read my comments, I *never* do that. FFS, I'm a libertarian, much of
> the Thatcher/Reagan sort: "There are no free lunches."

I will refrain to comment on that.

> Yes, but if by unisono you actually mean "fully in phase"

I don't as you should know. Otherwise tell me how to make
two or more people sing 'in phase'.

f> > In practice such things become possible in practice if you start with
> > something like third or higher order. But the maths are by no means
> > trivial.
>
> I'd in fact call the math pretty much trivial. It's mostly just about LTI
> filtering, convolution. Its *optimized* form might not be quite as nice, but
> the basic framework is just same-ol'.

It isn't. You clearly have no idea of what is involved.

Ciao,

--
FA