Seed Saving 101
Wednesday September 21, 6:30-8:30 pm
@ CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY
Cost: $5-$10 sliding scale

Learn to save your own flower and vegetable seeds for next year's garden and to
share with others! In this hands-on class participants will learn the basic
principles of seed saving. We'll spend some time outside harvesting different
types of vegetable and flower seeds from the CCE gardens, then we'll clean the
seeds using different techniques and tools. Learn why fermentation of tomato
seeds is essential for good germination, and how to dry and store seeds for
long-term use. We'll also have some heirloom tomatoes for tasting and for
extracting seeds to save.

For more information and to register online, go to
http://ccetompkins.org/events/2016/09/21/seed-saving-101. To register by phone
call 272-2292, or email ca...@cornell.edu<mailto:ca...@cornell.edu>

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org<http://www.ccetompkins.org>

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.