Still one important point that hasn't been given enough weight in the
current debate I feel.
Fossil fuel is Carbon that has been locked up for Eons and doesn't need to
be re-released into a world of increasing carbon emmissions. Biofuel
rehashes carbon that is in a free form in the environment at present and as
such has very little effect on current atmospheric carbon ratios provided
the efficiencies are as similar as they appear to be.

I'm all for leaving the old carbon where it is and trusting the current
swamp ecosystems are still doing the job they did to lock up the carbon
reserves back when the atmosphere was even less breathable than today.

and then just maybe someone can come up with a turbo or burn that leaves a
little more of the atmospheric nitrogen out of the current power stroke and
nox emmissions will also fall.

Along with most of the group though I agree that what we need is a power
plant running now a little cleaner and not a daydream of power from some
undiscoverered source that will stop emmissions, cancer, long working hours,
missed short golf putts, and  political parties of all persuasions!

Regards
John

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/5/_/837408/_/972137416/