Hi Dion

>  A short while ago an automated biodiesel machine was located
>somewhere in Japan.

Four of them.

>Although you said it was expensive (what is the price anyway?) it
>none the less sounded encouraging.

Sorry, no, it's not encouraging at all. We've found out a lot more
now, and seen one of these operations. I'll be posting a report with
more details in a day or two. Briefly, we're much better off with
what we've got already - we can out-produce these guys, similar
quality, at a tiny fraction of the price. And I'll lay good money on
Aleks coming up with a continuous processor pretty soon.

>Isn't there a company somewhere in the world that manufactures an
>automated easy to use Ethanol unit suitable for home/farm
>production? Add the biomass and other ingredients and push a button?

Wag 'n' bietjie ou maat, alles sal gou-gou regkom.

>We have an abundance of biomass in the form of Prickly Pears
>(Opuntia Cactaceae). I have heard of a farmer in the Eastern Cape
>(South Africa) that uses Prickly Pears to produce ethanol
>(Unfortunately I don't have any details   --- Has anyone else heard
>of him? -- I can't find any info on the net about this guy).
>
>There has to be at least some retired/able chemical engineers out
>there who could design a unit that is safe, auto regulated and that
>could produce between 50 to 100 litres of ethanol per day and that
>could be easily assembled with all the parts provided. I am sure
>there would be a large enough market for this device.

That sounds a lot like the initial specs for the still I said Steve
Spence and Journey to Forever are working on with a distillers group.
It's moving fast, we should have some results soon.

>My dream Ethanol Unit would use a solar concentrator to provide the
>required energy -- we have a lot of sun in the Karoo. If there was
>such an engineer/device then I would fly out and check it out
>personally   --- pity Robert Warren didn't understand that this site
>is about empowering individuals/communities to be energy
>self-sufficient. Nothing wrong with wanting to make a buck but then
>at least be transparent and open about it. Though, I do think that
>most of the people involved with this group would share without
>prejudice anything they discovered with everyone else. Afterall not
>sharing info ultimately led to petro-slavery (such an apt way to put
>it Pedro). I love reading the e-mails from this group -- even the
>bitchy ones somehow add to the sense of community. That said; anyone
>want to share their design for cold nuclear fusion (or is that
>fission I always forget which) with me/the world??

Naah - I'm keeping it all to myself until I get offered loadsabucks
by an evil petro-enslaver. :-)

>I too ordered the Charles 803 plans. They will probably arrive soon.
>oh well all is all is meant to be. Perhaps Mr Warren thought the
>world owed him after 20 years of thankless work. God the way he made
>it sound, you could set up a mini to medium industry with this
>still!! Want to produce more? Heck no problem, just connect em in
>series.........
>
>Looking forward
>
>Thanks for great site/list

You're most welcome - thankyou Dion. Good luck with the prickly
pears, please keep us advised.

All best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever