i'm not sure we're the entire cause either, but i believe that we are
responsible for the ozone hole being so big, i believe that the ozone
hole is a significant factor in the cause of additional skin cancers.
we have to take the blame for some of it, and fix what is our fault, if
the earth continues to get freaky i say let it, too bad if our grand
children have to wear light proof coveralls to go to the arcade or the
mall, humanity dies out, no biggy.

Warren Rekow wrote:

> David said per the subject "Methanol Help":
> >Terry mentioned methane hydrate, the solid stuff.  With global
> warming now
> >inevitable, it is important that these rich resources of fossil fuel
> should
> >be captured for use soon, otherwise they will vaporise to methane in
> the
> >atmosphere and become a VERY potent cause of further warming.  We've
> got a
> >positive feedback timebomb with this stuff!
>
> I am not familiar with this subject of methane hydrate on the edge of
> the continental shelves. However, I strongly suspect that long before
> such time as the oceans heat up enough for this stuff to vaporize
> in-situ the issue of human survival on this earth would be quite moot.
>
> Dare I say it, FWIW I am not yet convinced that 1) a long term global
> warming trend is taking place, nor 2) that human activity is
> significantly responsible for global warming (if it exists), nor 3)
> that human activity could diminish global warming (if it exists).
> Perhaps the motivation for the selling of global warming is based on
> something other than sound science.
> --
> ...Warren Rekow
>
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor