>Thanks for the reply.  It seems that the clogging would be unlikely
>if you get a good reaction and the gravity comes out in spec.  I just
>wanted to get a first hand account from someone running unwashed bd.
>I plan to run the finished product through a 5-10 micron filter, does
>that matter?  What about using a mixture with regular diesel (mostly
>bd.)?

Hello Ed

Most of the information I've read on the subject says that washing is
highly necessary. It's not just a small amount of glyc, it's soaps
and gunk you don't want in your motor. As far as I know only Josh
Tickell in "From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank" says, with lots of
provisos, that it's probably not worth the trouble, but nearly
everyone disagrees with him (otherwise an excellent book). There've
been quite a lot of posts on this in the past (the question regularly
gets asked), why not do a search in the message archives at the list
website?

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever