"anton and federica" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Note that in a turbocharged engine, the intake prussure goes from
> negative yo positive as the turbo spools up under load; i have read about
> ethanol injection to cool intake temp and use ethanol / water mixes at all
> concentrations simply by using intake pressure to feed eth into the intake
> at high load/throttle caonditions. very simple and elegant, produces the
> desired effect at the desired time without any control system besides a
> small tube run to the tank, which must be sealed and withstand turbo
> pressure (usually 6 psi, probably never more than 15 psi).
> anton

It seems to me that you could just use bleed air from the turbocharger
by setting a tap in the intake manifold, and then introduce the mist
into the inlet of the compressor.  Since intake manifold pressure goes
negative when you aren't on the turbo then you'd need a one way valve to
make sure it doesn't suck water into the intake manifold backwards
through the airstone.  You'd only get fogging when you're on the turbo
this way, but then that's when you really need it anyway.

With a little more tubing and valving you could feed the airstone from
atmospheric pressure and introduce the mist downstream of the compressor
during that period of time (most of the time) you're not on the turbo.

If I understand the systems correctly then a setup like this should work
on both spark and diesel engines with turbochargers.

--
Aviation is more than a hobby.  It is more than a job.  It is more than
a career.  Aviation is a way of life.