Robert,
            Point taken and noted.
Which brings me to another point. Has anyone out there ever had anything to
do with Ray Covey's Vapour Carburetion Conversion Systems? Do they know much
about them and did they ever really work properly?  Believe with the Mark 5
system he managed to obtain something like  72 mpg  (US gal = 3.785Litres)
with a V8. This equates to 19 miles per litre or just over 30 km per litre.
Perhaps it is time for people to look at this aspect again. I am sure with
the rapid developments in modern computers a lot of these old ideas might
enjoy a new lease of life with vast improvements easily obtainable in the
right hands.
B.r.,  David