I am hugely gratified by the interest in this on the List. I inquired
first because I feared that either this would already be common
knowledge or nobody would care.

I will scan the relevant pages today for Monsieur Ricardo, then resume
translating. The final product will likely be a .pdf file with the
illustrations (cleaned up as well as possible) included. I'm off to Cebu
on Tuesday but will likely have the job done before then.

The same book has information on preparation of absolute alcohol using
azeotropic mixtures - is that of any interest? How about alcohol from
wood waste?

Marc de Piolenc
Iligan, Philippines