David,

Most of what I have read in the past about bypass filters concerned their
utilization with synthetic motor oils. This is to aid in the prolonged
change intervals seen with these oils. Now, if I am reading you correctly,
you are advising that the use of the bypass filters with regular dino engine
oil is also advantageous. Is that correct? or should I also plan on
switching to a synthetic engine oil if I add one of these bypass filters to
my truck? The owners manual of my NA Navistar Diesel, 6.5 liter, in my 1987
F-350 recommends changing the engine oil every 7500 miles. Could you give me
some idea as to how long I may expect to go between oil changes in the
future if I add the bypass filter?

Derek W. Hargis