Of course it might be simpler to just build earthen
ramps or raised docks(sunken ramps?)at each point of
use if these are relativly fixed and just winch the
unit on and off the truck/trailer. Rollers would help
or even lubed cross beams like the Egyptians are
rumored to have used to transport large stone blocks.
Certainly safer than trying to lift the units off.

I have also seen slip axle lowboy trailers which allow
a load to be winched on to the trailer bed at a low
angle and then the axle subframe is pushed back under
the trailer bed by the truck backing up and the two
are pinned together for transport.
Dana