----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 8:00 AM
Subject: Biodiesel - Excise??

> Hello,
>
> Biodiesel update, yesterday the 23/5/01 a report by Robert Hill was tabled
in the federal senate, the contents of which are concerning. The report is
points raised by the BAA in its submission to the federal government. Our
concern is based on the following paragraph:

> The inquiry into fuel taxation announced by the Prime Minister on 1 March
2001 is the appropriate vehicle for raising questions about the excise
status of biodiesel and support for the industry. The terms of reference for
the inquiry will be developed following discussions with interested parties.
One term of reference will be that the principle of revenue neutrality be
observed.

BAA home page. http://biodiesel.vtrekker.com Each is 1 page.

> If excise is imposed on Biodiesel it doesn't matter if your making it in
your backyard or commercial plant, you will have to pay it. NOW is the time
to ask the government to commit to keeping excise off Biodiesel so this fuel
can be produced in Australia, contact your local member.

> Other news, a stakeholders meeting is to be held on the 7/6/01 at CSIRO in
Melbourne, regarding the 'desk top' study led by Tom Beer on the life cycle
emissions of fuels. Call Ms Jane Sellinger on 03 9239 4695 to book your
place.

> The next BAA members newsletter is due out late next week.

Steve Spence
Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter:
http://www.webconx.com/subscribe.htm

Renewable Energy Pages - http://www.webconx.com
Palm Pilot Pages - http://www.webconx.com/palm
X10 Home Automation - http://www.webconx.com/x10
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(212) 894-3704 x3154 - voicemail/fax
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children.