According to the formula, you should be adding half the methoxide after you
have mixed in the sulphuric acid.

Heat and stir the mixture after adding sulphuric acid for 50 min then stop
heating let mix for 1.5 to 2 hours.  Then add half of the methoxide mix for
5 min then let settle overnight.  I believe the methoxide, at this point,
stops the esterification process.  The next day, heat up to 55 C and add
rest of the methoxide to transesterify, turn off heat, and mix for 1 hour
then let settle.  You will see separation.

IF you do not add the methoxide after the sulphuric acid the esterification
process will not stop and you might get some reverse-esterification.  Not
good!!

I also understand that the first stage isn't really necessary with pure
veggie oil.  Only really needed if there are animal fats in the solution
(trans fatty acids).

Mike