I would suggest that an inline pressure accummulator
tank and a valve to your aerator stone would be a wise
move if you are using a fridge compressor since they
are not designed to run continuously. Also, since they
are free it may also be wise to hook up several to a
"manifold" leading to the tank. It is then a simple
matter to hook a pressure cutoff switch to the tnak
and use it to control the compressors on/off cycles.
Iff one poops out (and you notice) replace it with a
spare. We used small dia. rubber hose slipped over the
outlet tubes and secured with hose clamps connected
together with inexpensive plastic "tees".

Dana
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Those hermetically sealed fridge compressor are not
> that suitable. Their
> motor windings insulation are meant for gas cooled
> and not air cooled.
> Therefore the compressor need to run constantly and
> cannot be cycled( by
> pressurestat)
<snip>.