Thanks Ed,

I was hoping you would join in as I consider you our
resident SVO expert.

I am forming the opinion from the studies I have seen
that an optimum system (for maximum engine life) would
warm the SVO to 170*C but coolant in engines only gets
up to about 170*F. At 170*F SVO is approx. the
viscosity of diesel at 10*C...I think. Would it be
possible AND a good idea to warm the SVO further via
electric heaters to closer to that optimum temperature
e.g. 170*C? I realize this would require high temp
components "downline"  of such a heater and wonder if
an electric heater could be applied to the metal fuel
line between the injector pump and the injectors. I
can't imagine the injectors would not be able to take
the higher temp. but you would likely be more
qualified to make that call.

This may only be needed for DI engines as I also
understand that indirect injection engines are able to
warm the SVO enough after injection in the prechamber
to avoid deposit accumulation. Unfortunately more and
more DI engines seem to be manufactured and fewer
vehicles are available with DI as time progresses. I
would like to broaden the choice of vehicles for those
that wish to convert to SVO and especially with
computer controlled DI the only way to cope would seem
to be to match the SVO viscosity to diesel as closely
as possible. What is your opinion? Would this be
redundant/overkill on a indirect inj. engine?

As I first posted a perfect conversion would use "off
the shelf" components as much as possible and I am
very glad that Neoteric Fuels is able to provide many
of them.  I am very interested in the heater available
from Neoteric and also felt that the do it yourself
heaters I mentioned seem pretty crude in
comparison...but I am trying to bring together ALL the
info I can to provide a complete overview. I have seen
one reference to a fuel heater that is essentially a
length of metal pipe with a positive electrical
connection on one end and a ground on the other.
Current was run through this heating the length of
pipe in between via elec. resistance. The fuel being
run through the section of pipe is warmed as it passes
through. Temperature is controlled by a probe on the
end of the pipe where fuel comes out. Seemed very
simple/reliable but couldn't find it as an off the
shelf component. Is this similar to the fuel heater
Neoteric sells?

If not what is the max. temp Neoterics' fuel heater
can achieve?

Has anyone considered running an electrical resistance
wire down the inside of the fuel/return lines? Kind of
a simpler version of the pipe within a pipe concept.
Low voltage/wattage? This could be used to warm the
fuel enough to allow it to reach around 70*F so it
would flow easily and thereby not strain either the
injector pump or alternator. The SVO would then flow
through a small under hood tank where its temperature
would be boosted to coolant temp. and then pass
directly to the fuel pump via a solenoid valve.
Connections could be made on this tank for a vacuum
gauge, a temp. probe, and a vent(for air purging w/ a
vacuum source).
What is your opinion Ed? If you have not tried this
are you open to a collaboration?

Thanks for your input.
Dana

snip