Hi Justin!

250ml sugar weighs approx 210gm, so you have 210/1.5 = 140 gm/litre sugar
solution (less if you mean it when you say you added 1.5 litre water, not
made up to a total solution of 1.5 litre
The percentage ethanol you can expect from this if fermented out fully is
140/17 = 8.2% ethanol (making up to 1.5 litre solution)
Not very high, and with such small quantities you can expect to have even
less left after distillation as your losses will be high.  With no losses,
you would have 123ml ethanol in your 1.5 litres brew, so if you get around
80% product (depends on your still, and there are many, many types) then
you'd have around 150ml product with no losses.  Realistically, as you're
dealing with very small quantities, you can lower that figure by at least
half, so you could expect around 75ml of 80% ... if you're lucky!
Hmmmmmmmmmm........

With sugar cane, extract the juice by crushing and separate from solids
before fermentation.  Amount of sugar in the juice will vary according to
type and condition of crop, so you'd need to measure the specific gravity to
estimate the amount of sugar in it.  After that, apply the calculation I did
above, and you'll have a ball-park figure to answer your question.

However, if moving from 210gm of sugar to 1 ton in your brew, then you'd
need to know rather more about fermentation of large batches, cos it's quite
different to something you can warm over a light bulb!

Anyway, good luck and all the very best ... perserverance ultimately brings
success!!!
Ignore ALL those who say it can't be done!!!

Mike Nixon