--- craig reece <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not clear here - a boost warmer after the
> injection pump? Don't you want
> it before the pump? I'm probably not understanding
> the role of the "slaved
> to the SVO switch" part.

My theory here is that the injection pumps are not
designed  with the high temperatures we want our  SVO
to reach prior to injection in mind. The injectors
are. If the SVO can get its' final temp boost right
before injection(or return to the tank) we protect the
expensive to repair/replace injector pump. This might
be critical in the long term. Of course this is
probably only neccesary on IDI engines. I need to
contact an authority on what temps inj. pumps are
designed to withstand long term.

> By Hose On Hose do you mean simply zip-tying your
> (poly?) fuel lines to
> the  (poly?) coolant lines to and from your version
> of the Hot STK? That's
> what I was planning on doing - only my coolant lines
> were going to heat the
> false bottom on the tank - but since Steve (and you)
> introduced me to the
> idea of the Hot STK (and Motie pointed out that
> since it's made for huge
> truck tanks it should bring out smaller tanks up to
> close to 170F) I've
> jumped ship to the Hot STK camp.

Yes. On a long length of hose I found that the heat
transfers pretty well in the bundle. Insulation,inside
tube diameter, good contact between the tubes, and
length are the critical variables. An electric boost
heater at the pump might make up for less efficiency
of this method compared to HIH. I suppose one could
use copper instead of poly and get better thermal
efficiency.

> Motie posted about $70. Hard to beat, I'd think -
> but you're not talking
> about a casting, obviously. I'd be happy to copy
> your design, or buy one
> from you (or Ed.)

I don't think Ed sells them...I know I don't.

> Couldn't a flange with a Viton (or something
> similar) gasket be used instead
> of epoxy - just so you could pull it if you ever
> wanted to?

Good idea Craig. Or maybe one of the flexible washers
that are used to pass wire bundles through an autos'
firewall combined with an epoxy "outer overlay" to
hold the "stick" in place. It would be simple enough
to snap the epoxy if one ever needed to remove the
"stick".

Dana

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving
friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM