> I remember reading somewhere that a person on a bicycle on level ground
> with no wind pedaling @15 MPH gets the equivalent of something like
> three thousand "miles per gallon"

Per gallon of what?
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
"It takes less energy to bicycle one mile than it takes to walk a mile. In
fact, a bicycle can be up to 5
times more efficient than walking. If we compare the amount of calories burned
in bicycling to the number of
calories an automobile burns, the difference is astounding. One hundred
calories can power a cyclist for three
miles, but it would only power a car 280 feet (85 meters)!"
(with a .gif image showing)
"A comparison of the energy cost of various forms of transportation
shows that the bicycle is most energy-efficient." (kcal/km per person)
(copied from: http://www.exploratorium.edu/cycling/humanpower1.html)

"A bicycle is also the world's most energy efficient mode of travel, using just
35 calories per passenger mile
versus 1860 for an average automobile with one occupant."
(copied from:
http://www.bicyclinglife.com/NewsAndViews/5_Different_Reasons.htm)

1 Btu = 252 calories = 0.252 kcal = .293 watts = 0.000295 kWh = .000393 HPh =
1.055 kJ
"Conversion Calculator for Units of ENERGY"
http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/ccenrgy.htm

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!