They have made a mistake, but it is actually becoming a fairly common
sentiment in Europe that "pure plant oil" (SVO) is "greener" and less
polluting than biodiesel, that it is preferable from CO2 standpoint, and
also because no methanol or processing (energy) is needed. Also, that
apparently under the German water pollutants system of classification that
plant oils are a "0",. biodiesel a "1", and diesel fuel a "2" (I think I
have that stated correctly). I am not sure why that is, and I know that my
friends in Environment Canada would say a biodiesel spill in waterways is
probably preferable to a Canola spill... but that does seem to be the way it
is under their (Germany's) way of classification of hazards.

These folks have erred, but are not totally off base or totally different in
their comments, from many others in that region. It is an opinion that is
not to be ignored or downplayed, even if incorrectly presented in that post,
IMHO.

Edward Beggs

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM