Hey,
  I know many of you on the list as well as I have been trying to
find ways to dry alcohol without using zeolites, etc... there has
been the suggestion of using metallic potassium or sodium (very
dangerous) but what I was thinking is that maybe using a K2O or Na2O
(potassium or sodium oxide - not hydroxide) to consume the water?
Since when left out in the open, the two oxides will absorb water to
become KOH and NaOH respectively, why not use them to make KOH or
NaOH in the solution?

JEFF

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM