tslothrop2002 wrote:

>Hi All.

And hi to you. Spammers often join a list they have no real interest
in, just to send their spam. It wasn't possible to tell if that's
what you were doing. But, you have a long-term interest, so that's
fine.

>My apologies if you find this message offensive. I thought the
>software would be of some interest to you folks, hence my
>posting about it here. I've been involved in the alt-energy
>research field for about 15 years now, and I've seen folks
>re-invent the wheel countless times. I've also seen people
>stuck on problems that have already been well worked over by
>prior workers in the field. For some strange reason, I think
>I can help resolve some of these issues(smile).

Well, as my last message said, we're aware of patents and quite a few
list members have done patent searches and posted the results here.
The patent-search urls are all in the archives. Are you talking of
specific problems that we seem to be stuck on, or just a general
observation?

>As for Mac, Linux, etc. I'd love to write versions for them.
>Sadly, they represent a tiny percentage of the OS's in the field.

Macs are about 5% of current sales I believe (lots of argument about
it, but that's how it averages out, which is one in 20), Linux could
be about the same, and growing fast, but I'm not sure of the figure.
Whatever, it's not tiny. Anyway, of course it's up to you, but you
did say "... so we're pretty sure we've got you all covered." That'll
definitely make a Mac or Linux user chuckle.

>If someone wants to port this to a minority OS, I'd be happy
>to provide assistance. Sadly, I have to pay the rent and eat hence
>the choice of OS, etc. Would that I could just give the stuff
>away.....
>
>Anyway, if you have any comments, here I am. And as time permits
>in the next few days, I shall do some prior art searching and
>see what I come up with. Would you bother to look up the volume
>of patents that would be uncovered in such a search if I posted
>said references? Or just scroll on past...

Well, that's very good of you, but I don't quite understand. This is
a large field. I think as a group we're pretty well aware of the
technical problems and bottlenecks we face. Over the last two years
overall progress has been rather impressive. Patent searches and
prior technology have not been neglected, though of course there's no
way of saying it's been thoroughly covered either. Sub-groups have
done further work on particular aspects. A general search on
biodiesel, ethanol and SVO prior art would be much too broad to be of
much use, IMO. Is that what you're proposing?

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects