Mad Fish and Sterile Englishmen: Study Says Birth Control Pills
Having Strange Effects

Are British women on birth control pills causing Englishmen to become
sterile? In what would be one of the stranger twists of science, that
is what some are theorizing, according to findings revealed as part
of a joint investigation by the BBC and the newspaper,The
Independent..

The reports say a study coming out later this month shows that no
less than half of the male fish in England's lowland rivers are
developing female characteristics such as developing eggs in their
testes or female reproductive ducts. About a tenth of the fish are
sterile and a quarter have damaged sperm.

Scientists assert that the main culprit isn't just any pollution, but
is the chemical ethanol estriadol - a synthetic form of estrogen
present in birth control pills.

The potent chemical is coming from the urine of women on the pill,
which may be getting flushed through sewage systems and into the
rivers, say researchers.

What's especially troubling, they say, is the levels of ethanol
estriadol that appear to be affecting the fish are lower than the
levels that drinking water from the rivers is tested for.

If the chemical is indeed going into the drinking water, the
researchers speculate that it could help explain why sperm counts
have been dropping in English men over the past 50 years.

The research is part of a five-year study by England's Environmental
Agency.

The water industry reportedly denies that any such chemicals have
been found in the water or that any threat to human health is posed.

>> I don't know, but with all the talk of CO2 and such, I'd like to
thank my Creator for plannin' ahead more than I could ever imagine,
we really do deserve to all be dead by now anyway, eh?

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BgmYkB/VovDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM