Hello,

    Would it be possible for someone with knowledge to shed light on the
following statements by John Deere?

I was surprised to read that biodiesel is susceptible to degradation and water
absorption and that "Concentrations beyond 5%, by volume, could adversely
affect engine performance and fuel system durability."

    From what I have learned about biodiesel this is a false statement.

The article also states that your storage tanks should be full?  I look forward
to your feedback.

    Bellow are the two statements from
http://www.farmprogress.com/frmp/articleDetail/1,1494,8305+45,00.html by John
Deere.
  a.. Biodiesel, by definition is biodegradable. So, the higher the
concentration of biodiesel in a fuel blend, the more susceptible the fuel is to
degradation and water absorption. Concentrations of no more than 5% biodiesel
are approved to minimize the potential problems associated with fuel
degradation. Concentrations beyond 5%, by volume, could adversely affect engine
performance and fuel system durability.
  a.. Operators should keep storage and vehicle tanks as full as possible to
prevent moisture. Storage tanks should be protected from extreme temperatures
and extended storage of biodiesel fuel should be limited. Routine monitoring of
the fuel's water content is also recommended.

Snip....

  In December 2001, John Deere announced its approval of the use of
  soybean-based biodiesel fuel in the tractors and other farm machines
  made by the company. On April 8, 2002, the company provided
  additional detail and clarification regarding John Deere's
  position
  on biodiesel.

  http://www.farmprogress.com/frmp/articleDetail/1,1494,8305+45,00.html

Buy Stock for $4