Hello Ken

>Well, as they say, "‡ chacun son gout"..... I think we're talking
>a difference of temperament here, rather than a real difference
>of opinion. I have great respect for anyone who can remain
>optimistic these days, and I definitely appreciate this egroup,
>both for the great info as well as a place to rant occasionally.
>
>Rest assured, it's possible to still be motivated to do the right
>thing EVEN when you have doubts it will do any good, so even
>pessimists like me can still make biodiesel and talk it up  :-)

:-)

Quite so, and rest assured I do so rest assured. It's so easy to get
paralysed when looking at the entire full daunting scope of a problem
and end up feeling helpless and doing nothing. One should be aware of
the full scope, but it's also true that the ocean is made up of
little drops. Big problems can succumb to Chinese water torture, eh?

I am optimistic, generally, but there ain't no rose-tinted specs
involved. I was angry for many years, furious even. You can't spend
time doing things like sitting with some local people trying to
figure possible levers to use against the needless famine raging away
outside and someone says "The only growth industry around here is in
little coffins" and not get angry. There are still millions upon
millions of little coffins, and big ones too, and all the rest of it,
and I know why that's so. And indeed I still do get angry, and
depressed. But it's not an effective strategy. Do it, get it over
with, get your balance back, get on with it.

But what I was saying isn't just a matter of temperament, it's what I
see, objectively.

Regards