Australia has the lowest before-tax petroleum fuels prices in
the "developed" world. The current diesel fuel excise is $0.38143 per
litre (Australian currency). At SAFF we are retailing B100 (no
excise) at the same price as petroleum diesel, soon we will be
retailing it 5 to 10 Australian cents cheaper than fossil diesel.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Andrew Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2002 at 12:05, Juan Boveda wrote:
>
> > Hi Movember.
> >
> > Hei! This diesel fuel cost seems expensive to me as well as the
> > BioD100, unless it is in some Australian currency. If it is so,
tell
> > us the ratio of the currency with US dollars to have a better
picture.

> The Australian dollar, or as it is sometimes called "the Pacific
peso",
> at the moment is running roughly in the range $2AUS - $1US. It has
> been as low as $1AUS - $0.48US and is currently running at about
> $1AUS - $0.56US. As a general rule of thumb for back of envelope
> calc's use $2AUS - $1US. This would mean that the diesel price I
> saw the other day, $0.83AUS would be about $0.41US/litre. Don't
> the Pollies love the old fuel tax/excise scam..........
>

> > The current price for the consumer at gas stations in Paraguay,
for
> > diesel fuel is 1750 Guaranies (local currency), aprox. US $ 0.28
per
> > litre.
>

> > Last week exchange rate was 6200 to 6400 Guaranies to 1 US Dollar
> > (increasing). The goverment tax is low for this fuel.
> >
> > Biodiesel, B100 or B20 is not available at gas stations here {:< (
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Juan
> >
> [SNIP]
>
>       Andrew