To:                     biofuel@yahoogroups.com
From:                   Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent:              Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:16:30 +0900
Subject:                Re: [biofuel] SVO IV
Send reply to:          biofuel@yahoogroups.com

>I saw in the Phillip Calais  paper that you can get the IV down
with
>some oils by blending with petro diesel. Does anyone happen to
>know if you can blend petroD with sunflower oil?
>Thanks in anticipation
>James

Why don't you try it James? Small quantities in jam jars. Try 10%,
shake it up (baby now), if that seems to work go higher in 10%
steps.
See how long it stays blended. Put some in a freezer for awhile
and
see what happens, compared with neat sunflower oil.
Yes
You can compare the viscosity with a pipette and a stop-watch.
Yes
It will blend. Some people blend kerosene (paraffin) with vegoil and
use it without a two-tank heating system. Kerosene and petro-
diesel
are very similar. Not a very good idea, but it seems to blend okay.
They talk of 30%-50% blends.
Thanks for that keith.
I imagine the first question, assuming it blends, is if it then stays
blended.The other characteristic I will measure is the IV. From
what I've read so far it seems that the polymer formation is
particularly dangerous. I hope to see a stable post mix IV in the
20s. I'm not too concerned with the MP being in a hot climate.
I'll be back with findings .
Salud y saludos
James
See: